Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Porthole - Summer Moon

Summer Moon (sold)

I loved this fabric - the dark mysterious green against the yellow - the edge between the colors is mighty fine!  All I had to add was add the "moon" fabric. This moon fabric started out as a garish yellow "innovative marble" that I made in an Elin Noble class.  But I find the marble fabric really hard to use as-is.  I clamped the fabric with circles and dipped it in dye a 2nd time - and the magic happened.  NOW I know what to do with all my marbled fabric!


Another friend bought this while I was at the artist retreat.  I love it when friends "get" my work.  Alas, I didn't get great shots before they went to their new homes.  But I do love that the pieces got bought by friends - they will be loved and that makes it all so much better!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts are welcomed!