Monday, April 22, 2013

Fuji Moon - FAB Collage

Fuji Moon
I love my FAB collage series.  These little graphic beauties are so fun to make. But they don't start with fabric at all!  

I first make a paper collage in the size of an ATC (Artist Trading Card) - which is 3.5" x 2.5", the size of a business card.  If you look closely you can see the central image - the doorway with Mt. Fuji behind it.  I make a bunch of these - just enjoying myself with the play.  The paper images are detailed and stir some emotion within me.  

Once I have  a couple of these that  like, I re-size them so I can fit 4 on an 8.5" x 11" sheet.  I adhere white fabric to a very sticky Avery Label sheet and print the image on fabric.  Now I have a start.  I place each one on a hand dyed background and dive into my tub of fused fabrics.  

My subconscious has a ball and I am always surprised to find out what I am really thinking of. Of course the viewer is always invited to interpret the piece - that's part of the fun. YOU get to figure out what it means.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts are welcomed!